A U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report revealed nearly half of all small businesses fail within the first four years of their existence. While there are many proven causes, including owner incompetence, inexperience, fraud and neglect, one killer culprit often flies under the radar: stagnation.
Video marketing guide for small businesses
Next time youre searching for something online, notice how many times a video crops up.
Thinking about a holiday? A video shows you the resort. Trying to work out how to use that new gadget? Try this online video guide. Looking for an architect? Click on the video for a guided tour of the practices work.
Online videos have become an essential way for people to search for information about products and services on the internet and more and more companies are using corporate video production services to bring their brand to life, online. Theyre everywhere, and theyre increasingly powerful as a marketing tool for small businesses.
Here are some of the stats behind the trend.
The rise and rise of online videos
- 55% of all keyword searches return at least one video. (Google)
- In 2018, 79% of web browsers will watch online videos every day. (Groupon)
- By 2019 as much as 80% of consumer internet traffic will be people watching videos, up from 64% in 2014. (Cisco)
The viewers arent just people whiling away time watching videos of singing dogs and dancing babies. Theyre senior managers the decision makers in business who hold the purse strings and can decide whether or not to pay for your products and services.
According to a Forbes study:
- 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least once a week
- 54% of senior executives share work-related videos with colleagues at least weekly
- 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video, if there is both text and video on the page.
For more information, contact Jack Smith - All Green PR
Sophisticated management and collaboration tools are just a click away. In a business ecosystem that increasingly favours small and agile over big and lumbering, many of these cost-saving solutions take advantage of scale.