Amazon has an amazing name for great service and being customeric. So much so that ShepHyken lauded them. And I have been an admirer, till recently. Amazon India had many slipups in fulfilling my orders.
From Total Quality to Total Customer Value Management
The Next Big Leap: From Total Quality to Total Customer Value Management
The Quality Revolution was meant to be customer focused, instead became process centric and one of record keeping. Nonetheless, Total Customer Value Management can learn from the Quality movement. There is much to learn.
The Value of Quality
- Quality has excellent ideas, discipline and methodology
- Huge resource available, great and dedicated people
- Advance from a Quality Strategy to a Customer Strategy
- Use Quality Circles concept to form Customer Circles
- Go beyond Zero Defects to Zero Complaints
- Institute Systemic, Mind-set and Attitude changes in Customer thinking
How to Leverage Quality for Customer Value
- Going beyond: The role of executives is to create value for employees and Customers and thereby for shareholders.
- Creating Customer Value goes far beyond experience and quality and leads to increased loyalty and increased market share.
- Measuring Value allows you to create more value effectively.
- Quality People should become Value Creators
People who led the Quality revolution could easily lead the Customer Revolution. Are you ready to re-deploy your Quality resource for Customers today?
Would love your comments and help. We are happy to help others in education and executive education on courses in Value Creation.
President, Customer Value Foundation and Inter-Link India
Founder editor, Journal of Creating Value jcv.sagepub.com
K-185 Sarai Jullena, New Delhi 110025
+91 98100 60368, 011-26831226
Customer Value Foundation (CVF) helps companies to Create Value and profit by Creating Value for the Customers, employee and for each person working with the companies.
Total Customer Value Management (Total CVM) transforms the entire company to focus on Creating Value for the Customer by aligning each person's role in Creating Customer Value and getting shareholder wealth and Value.368, 011-26831226
I notice more and more that the Customer is taken for granted or allotted a by the way mention in new business strategies. Forbes and many others have written about this and bemoaned the fact, and warned companies not to ignore the customer.
Here is an excellent review on Gautam Mahajan's book on Value Creation written by Colin Shaw, founder and CEO of Beyond Philosophy. Colin is an international author of five bestselling books and an engaging keynote speaker..
In my book, Value Creation: The Definitive Guide for Business Leaders, I added a 4th A (Ability) to what Management gurus talk about in the 3 A’s to ready ourselves for the future
I gave a talk to BBA and MBA entering students at SGT University in Delhi and then to Model Institute in Jammu a few days ago. I asked the students whom they should create value for? For ourselves was the answer.