Aaron Bludworth to Serve as 2016 Chair
DALLAS, The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) announced the selection of Aaron Bludworth, CEO of Fern, as the incoming Chairman of the Board along with the new slate of officers and board members during its meeting held December 1 in Baltimore, Md. The 2016 officers of the CEIR board of directors are:
- Chairman: Aaron Bludworth, President and CEO, Fern;
- Vice Chair: Steve Moster, CEO, VIAD and President, Global Experience Specialists (GES);
- Secretary/Treasurer: Bob Priest-Heck, President and COO, Freeman; and
- Immediate Past Chair: Britton Jones, President and CEO, Business Journals, Inc.
Additionally, CEIR welcomes its newest members to the board of directors:
- Marian Bossard, Senior Vice President, Global Market Events, Toy Industry Association, Inc.;
- Chris Meyer, CEM, CMP, Vice President of Global Business Sales, Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority; and
- Nancy Walsh, President, North America, Reed Exhibitions.
Continuing CEIR board of directors members are:
- David Audrain, CEM, President and CEO, Exposition Development Company, Inc.;
- Tony Calanca, Executive Vice President, UBM Advanstar;
- Karen Chupka, Senior Vice President, InternationalCES & Corporate Business Strategy, Consumer Technology Association/CES;
- Kimberly Hardcastle-Geddes, CEM, President and Chief Account Strategist, mdg;
- Justin Hersh, President and CEO, Group Delphi;
- Stephen Lieber, CAE, President and CEO, HIMSS;
- Michael Marchesano, Managing Director, American Business Media (SIIA);
- Timothy McGill, CEO, Hargrove, Inc.;
- Serge Micheli, CAE, CEM, BSc, Executive Director. Canadian Association of Exposition Management (CAEM);
- Steve Moore, President and CEO, Visit Phoenix;
- Deborah Long Sexton, President & CEO, Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA);
- Julie Smith, CEM, CTA, Senior Vice President of National Sales, Global Experience Specialists (GES); and
- Ryan Strowger, CEM, Senior Vice President of Exhibitions, Conferences and Sales, International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions (IAAPA).
CEIR serves to advance the growth, awareness and value of exhibitions and other face-to-face marketing events by producing and delivering knowledge-based research tools that enable stakeholder organizations to enhance their ability to meet current and emerging customer needs, improve their business performance and strengthen their competitive position. For additional information, visit www.ceir.org.
+1 (972) 687-9226