The Vegan LIFE (Ethical Eating For Plant-nourished People) is the new Vegan magazine launched by Media24. This 84-page glossy fills a unique gap in the market focusing on the vegan lifestyle.
Veganism, a vegetarian diet that also excludes eggs, dairy and any other animal-derived products, is on the rise, with growing numbers of people becoming conscious about what they consume. PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) had dubbed 2016 #TheYearOfVegan.
The huge shift towards veganism is really interesting, says Marianne Erasmus (Publisher). It reflects a growing awareness of our impact on the world, because the basis of veganism is not only about what is good for the individual, but also what is best for the planet. We support the decision to live ethically and the activism behind it, and are very proud to launch the first vegan magazine in South Africa.
The shift towards veganism as a way of life is driven by:
- a growing awareness of how fragile our beautiful planet is, and how interconnected all life on earth is.
- the fact that people are searching for a more authentic way to live, and there is no better way to exist in harmony and mutual respect with the earth.
- our longing for something more real and sustainable as we live our lives more and more online.
- the growing awareness among people, globally, of climate change, animal cruelty and their own health and the fact that they want to do something about it.
- Veganism is being widely accepted and adopted not only for its ethical lifestyle, but also as a healthier way to live.
The Vegan LIFE is on sale from Monday, 30 January 2017. The digital version can be purchased at at www.mysubs.co.za.
Distributed on behalf of: The Vegan LIFE by
Roxanne Cloete (Brand Manager)
Tel: 021 408 3815